Wednesday 23 June 2010

New Project

I am so excited at the prospect of taking up a course at school which is basically an 'extended study'. You get to choose any subject field you want to research with the aim of creating an 'artifact', an essay about the research and process and finally a presentation in front of an audience. I am currently think of doing this course with the aim of creating a really really tiny collection of clothes... my more specific area or research is yet to be decided but I'm reading loads of books at the moment and it's getting me really excited.

In other news I finished Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H.Lawrence and I have to say it is just amazing and so insightful and enlightening to the world and human relationships I suppose. I then finished Catcher In The Rye really quickly for me because I am so bored of doing anything else and at first I was thinking it was really 'dumb'; I thought if it's written in the voice of an idiot how is it going to be any good but it really drags you in and you fall in love with the character over time. Now I have started the Virgin Suicides and I have to say it is hard going so far because I watched the film ages ago and so because the story is so different and I already have an image which was given to me of how the characters all look I am just not taking it in as it was indented that I do which seriously pisses me off, but oh well... I'm really interested to see how it's written anyway as it's supposed to be the 'catcher in the rye of it's time' or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment